How to Measure an Irregularly Shaped Pond
This ensures accurate measurements are taken, cutting down waste when creating custom-made liners for ponds, coal ash basin projects, etc.
- Begin by drawing the perimeter of the pond to the best of your ability.
- Select a straight line down the bottom, through the center of the length of the pond. Calculate your measurement from the liner termination point at the top of the slope down through the pond to the liner termination point on the opposite side.
- Measure dimensions along this centerline on 25' centers (or closer to be more accurate) or where the pond perimeter makes significant changes in shape (ie: Dimensions w, x, y, & z.). Place a stake or flag at these points.
- Measure down through the pond from the liner termination point perpendicular to the centerline (ie: Dimensions A1 & A2, B1 & B2, etc). Record dimension from liner termination point at top of the slope to the centerline.
- Record all dimensions on the drawing. These dimensions will allow EPI to provide accurate shop drawings of panels (A, B, C, D) to fit the pond creating as little waste as possible. If you have any questions, please call EPI's team at 1-800-655-4637.
Custom Fabrication Coal Ash Basin Closure